Monday, June 8, 2015

Citrus Swirl Hexagon Quilt Top

This is my first and only (so far) Hexagon quilt.  I started working on it, oh, probably 4 or more years ago.  I recently finished it this past month.  Now it needs quilting.  I have ideas for the quilting and have even named it already -- Citrus Swirl.  I love it and am now bitten by the hexagon bug.  There will be more in my future, but I am resolved to only do one at a time to completion.  Since the piecing is all by hand, it takes years (on and off) and I only want one hexie UFO at a time laying around.  I love that they are portable and that I can work on it anywhere...


Citrus Swirl was a "fly by the seat of your pants" quilt top -- no idea of how it would end up.  But I think it came out great.  :o)

I have an idea swirling around in my head for my next hexie project and it starts with this...



which I designed in EQ7.  I call it "Daisy Daze".  I think I'll be adding a row or two of the red hexies to the top and bottom to give it a more finished look.  Although I'm also toying with the idea of a row of single "daisies" at the top and bottom instead.  We'll see when we get there.  I haven't even started this one yet...

Suzy

No comments: