Monday, June 15, 2015

Kit - Daylily Lattice

More accountability...  This morning I have a few kits to tack to my sidebar.  There will be many more kits and UFOs coming.  Thankfully, I'm all caught up on listing my "Tops Awaiting Quilting".  :o)  Anyway, this kit is called Daylily Lattice.

Sorry about the orientation.
Google seems to be having technical difficulties.  LOL

In December, my girlfriends and I went to the estate sale of a quilter who had just passed.  She was in her late 50's/early 60's.  It was the saddest thing ever to see all the things she had been intending to make or had been working on -- many in an unfinished state.  I nearly cried when I saw the pictures of her grandchildren on top of her workstation; and it made my heart ache to realize that those planned t-shirt sewing/embroidery projects I saw were intended for them and now they are left with only memories.  Really puts life into perspective, doesn't it?

So I bought a few things in the hopes that she is looking down from Heaven to see her fellow quilters bring some of her intended projects to completion.

Suzy

1 comment:

Doreen said...

I am able to totally empathize with your feelings as I was the recipient of my bestist quilting buddy's stash when she passed (a couple of years ago). The memories that came back to me as I arranged/organized her fabrics threatened to overwhelm me. We were together when most were purchased and had talked about their destinations. Life is definitely hard during those moments.