Friday, December 2, 2016

Mai Tais in Paradise - Top Completed


Yay!!! Tuesday, I finally finished the top for my Mai Tais in Paradise quilt which I started on my Caribbean Cruise with Bonnie in August/September 2011. It needs a good pressing, but it was folded up 'cause I took it with me to share with my friends this past Wednesday.

I'm not working on Bonnie's mystery quilt this year because I'm trying to whittle down my multitude of UFOs.  I am, however, saving the clues; because I know it will be a beauty and I'll want to make it in the future.  *grin*

Wish me luck,
Suzy

3 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats! on a job well done. Since I jumped on board the Mystery train, I haven't been able to stop myself from doing them each year. It's a fun project to work on with my best quilting friend(s.)

scraphappy said...

Beautiful finish! The border treatment is really nice on this one. It always feels so good to cross a long term project of the list.

regan said...

Just the other day I was looking at a pic of my quilt top and thinking, "Wow...2011! That was a while ago! I should really get that thing quilted!"
What's worse, is that I pieced 2011 on it, so there's no hiding how long it's just sat there! Oy! Can you believe that was Bonnie's first quilting cruise, and now to think how many places she's been since! Amazing! So fun thinking back on that cruise.....we had a ball, huh?