Sunday, September 21, 2008

Mystery Project Revealed

Yay, me! I finished the quilt top! Yet another flimsy to quilt . . . but I won't think about that right now. For now, I'm basking in the fact that I TOTALLY LOVE THIS QUILT TOP! The colors are so pretty. And, even better, all the fabrics are from my stash! I'm really pleased with how it turned out.

So, by now you've probably figured out that this is my "Summer's End" quilt that I designed in EQ. Hopefully, I'll get to making "Autumn's Welcome" (sooner rather than later). I know I won't be using much of my stash for that one, as I don't have enough oranges in my stash. Just some FQ's here and there. But, hey . . . an excuse to buy more fabric, right? LOL!

So what should my next design be? "Winter's Chill" perhaps? Teehee. I'm sensing a theme here...

Anywho, hope everyone had as productive a weekend as I did. I'm going to take my new quilt top to work tomorrow and run it by the gang. Hopefully it will be well-received. I'll also bring it to my quilter's girls' night out which is this Friday. Fun, fun, fun! :o)

Quilty hugs,

11 comments:

Monica at Buttoncounter said...

Thank you for commenting on my blog. Sometimes I worry that I might be a little too 'out there' for people I used to worry that I might offend someone out there, but you know blogging isn't about everyone else, is it. Yours is as beautiful as mine is crazy!

Have fun every day,
Monica Nauert

Donna said...

Your quilt design looks great! I'm a big fan of EQ too. Can't wait to see the next one in the series.

Perry said...

This turned out real well. I can see why you are pleased. Looking forward to the next "season", lol.

Mel said...

Very pretty. I love checkerboard borders. Great job!

Shannon said...

Love it!

Orange fabric is tough...I find that it's usually the smallest section in the quiltshop along with the browns.

Teresa said...

I love it too!!!! Very nice work.

Joyce said...

Suzy,
I especially love the vase. Great job with the borders.

Unknown said...

Oh, I am so jealous of what you accomplished and applique no less. It is beautiful, especially with that checkerboard border!

StitchinByTheLake said...

Love the quilt - great choice of fabrics. blessings, marlene

Anonymous said...

So sorry I didn't see your mystery post! We're traveling and I don't get on every day now. I would have had a good idea for a guess. LOL! I absolutely love the way this turned out! The fabrics you used made it even cheerier than the EQ version, and it definitely suits the title. I like the idea of Winter's Chill, then maybe Spring's Appeal or Charm or Allure or Temptation or Invitation. LOL! Or maybe Spring's Birth or Rebirth. Definitely a pattern. =)

Rose Marie said...

Love your EQ design and looking forward to seeing progress of your autumn quilt. It is good to see folks with EQ actually making their patterns.