Thursday, September 21, 2017

The Excitement Continues...!!!

Have you ever Googled your name?  Well, I don't know what possessed me to do so this morning, but guess what I found?!?!

Keepsake Quilting has made my quilt design, "The Night Before Christmas," into a pattern for sale on their website!

My life is unreal right now,

Wednesday, September 20, 2017

"The Night Before Christmas"

I have some more exciting news that I can now share.  A quilt I designed is featured in the November/December 2017 issue of McCall's Quilting Magazine.  It officially hits newsstands on September 26, but mailed subscriptions are already arriving in mailboxes.  I can hardly contain myself!!!

I called the quilt "Christmas Sparkle," but they named it "The Night Before Christmas" in the magazine.

I will have a giveaway here on my blog sometime next week and the winner will receive a copy of the magazine.  Stay tuned!

Visions of sugarplums are dancing in my head,

Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Our Guild's Opportunity Quilt

I know I've been MIA for a bit, but I've been working on a lot of things behind the scenes that I haven't been able to share with you all.  Finally, I can share one thing; and hopefully there will be more soon.  

The Opportunity Quilt for my Guild, Seaside Piecemakers, is finally complete and was up for display at our Guild meeting today.  I did all the piecing and assembly, another member, Priscilla, did the applique, and another member and close friend, Laurel, did the quilting.  I'm so proud of the finished product.  We used a Linda Hahn design from her book "Rock That Quilt Block - Hourglass" (with her permission -- she is also a member of our Guild), but I was asked to change up the border by the Quilt Committee, as they wanted to go in a bit different route.  So I played around in my trusty EQ7 program for awhile, and this is the result.  I sure hope we sell lots of raffle tickets.  Our charity this year is Deveraux.

Tickled purple,

Monday, June 19, 2017

More Finished Charity Quilts

There are now three more charity quilts to add to the finished list.  I pieced them and my quilter friend finished them up and brought them to our recent Board Meeting to give to Community Service for distribution.

Sock Monkeys

Happy and Bright Charms

Batik Logs

Finished is good,

Sunday, June 18, 2017

Kids Quilt Camp 2017

I had a fun, yet exhausting, time this past week volunteering at Kids Quilt Camp.  One week every June we have approximately 40 students descend upon us eager to get their hands on sewing machines and make their very own quilt.  We split them into groups based on sewing experience -- beginners (1st year), intermediate (2nd year), advanced (3rd year) and T-Shirt Quilts (3rd year or better).  At noon on Friday, we hold a "show and tell" with parents present, and each child shows off their masterpiece, which are amazingly all completed (including labels).  Some are tied, and others actually quilted using a serpentine stitch either diagonally or across some rows, as time allows.

Beginners are one-on-one with a quilt volunteer, while later year students are 2-1 or even 3-1 and we make our rounds to make sure everyone is comfortable with what they are doing in the process.  I was with the intermediate kids this year.

I have quite a lot of pictures that were taken throughout the course of the week and you can see by the happy, yet concentrated, faces, that the volunteers get just as much out of the week as the kids do.  I must really be showing my age now, because by the time I got home each day, I was beat! Don't know how I held a full time job before I retired 9 years ago.  LOL!

Each one, teach one,

Thursday, June 8, 2017

Helping Our Community . . . One Quilt At A Time

Yesterday was our Guild's monthly Community Service day. The weather was terrible (thunderstorms and downpours), but what better way to spend it than with your quilty friends making quilts for needy children.


Monday, May 29, 2017

QOV - Stars and Stripes Pattern

Here is the PDF for the Quilt of Valor I recently designed -- click on the link below the photo.

It's not a formal pattern, but the pages as I printed them from my EQ7 software file.  I think it's pretty straightforward to figure out.  I have a few too many irons in the fire right now to take the time needed to make a professional pattern, especially since I am providing it as a free download.

Quilt of Valor - Stars and Stripes

Just make sure when you print it, you are at 100%. This is especially important for the fusible appliqued Star.

Happy Memorial Day!

Saturday, May 27, 2017

Razzle Dazzle Progress

Our Guild had a Sit-and-Sew day on Thursday at a nearby church. I was able to get all my Razzle Dazzle quilt blocks done and arranged!

Now I need to figure out what fabric I want to use for the setting and corner triangles and the inside border. I already know I want to use my floral fabric for the larger outer border from this earlier picture I took during a recent retreat.

Feeling dazzled,