Monday, January 30, 2012

Buzzzzzzy as a Bee

I've been busy this month and really made a lot of progress on many things.  On the 3rd of January I finished my UFO for this month -- my Scrappy Pinwheels quilt top.  It is now out to be quilted and should be done by the 8th of Feb.  Whoo Hooo!

I made 12 hot pads for the boutique in our Guild's upcoming Quilt Show in March.

I also made a 15" square quilt for the small quilt raffle in our Guild's upcoming Quilt show.

And I've been piecing my hexagons quilt on and off while I watch TV shows in the evening.  Just putting on the last row now and then will stitch a gazillion black hexagons around it to form a "border."  Not sure how wide I'll made the black border, but I'll judge that as it progresses.

What have you all been up to?  Post on Judy's blog and share!  :o)

Busy, buzzy, busy,

Monday, January 2, 2012

Design Wall Monday -- aka UFO Progress

Happily, I've made progress on my scrappy pinwheel flowers UFO.  I decided to go with the yellow I used in the centers as sashing and scrappy cornerstones to highlight the blocks.  And now they are all sewn together!  Now to figure out a border.  I'm hoping to be able to use stash fabric, but if all else fails, to the quilt shop I will go.

For some unknown reason, blogger has turned my pictures sideways.  But whatever.  I guess on this quilt that doesn't really matter.  Weird though.

Here's to progress,

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Revealing January's UFO for 2012

It feels so weird to type in the year 2012.  I don't know if I'm ready yet.  But ready or not, here it is!  2012!  Happy New Year everyone!

So below is the UFO project I'm choosing for January.  My scrappy pinwheel flowers.  I opened the box to find 9 blocks, the paper pinwheel pattern, and lots of yellow fabric yardage that I used for the center of each pinwheel.  This one was started a LOOOONNNNGGG time ago.  Years and years and years.  Wish I had kept a quilt blog back then, I might be able to date it.  LOL!  Anyway, it was made when I first started learning the buttonhole stitch by hand.  And I recall using scraps from my scrap bin.  It even pre-dates my EQ days, so that was a long time ago, considering I started with EQ3 and we're now into EQ7.  Yes, I looked and looked in my files for a pattern I might have drawn up for it.  Nada.

So now I  have to figure out how I want to finish this baby up.  I don't think I'll add any more pinwheel blocks -- just use the 9 I have.  I don't even know if I have the matching muslin background fabric anymore anyway.  So I'm figuring a 3x3 layout.  That's as far as I've gotten.  Hehehehe.  Although I do know I want to incorporate more of the yellow fabric into it somewhere...

Oh well, tomorrow I will wrack my brain and figure out how I plan to finish the top.

'Til then,