Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Playing Catch-Up

Hi, all!  It's me again!  I've been back from my trip-of-a-lifetime Mediterranean Cruise with Bonnie Hunter since September 1.  Almost three weeks already!  Where has the time gone...?

To say it was an amazing adventure would be a total understatement. And I have a gazillion pictures I still need to go through.  I can't even explain into words the things I saw and experienced, so I won't even try.  The weather was perfection (although hot -- after all, it was the Mediterranean in the summer!), and the architecture and scenery were breathtaking.  I could go on for pages and pages, so let me stop now.  

Bonnie and I look so tired in this picture.
This was taken toward the end of the cruise, obviously.  LOL!

Below is a picture of our itinerary and the ports of call, so if you want to learn about the areas, you can always Google them. . . or even check out Bonnie's blog, or even my new friend, Mavis's blog, at Dayspring Quilter.  They paid for wifi connection so could blog on a regular basis.   

Susan enjoying a cappucino in Barcelona.

Me and my new Canadian friend, Mavis.
We got along like long-lost sisters as soon as we met.
Susan and I opted to spend several days prior to the cruise
and the day following the cruise in Barcelona.
So glad we did!  What a beautiful city!

When I got home, besides overcoming 4 days of jetlag and catching up on snail mail, e-mail, bills, grocery shopping, laundry, etc., during the past three weeks I have managed to finish the tops of the two projects we started working on during the days at sea.  I love them both!

"A Little Bit Hexie"
"Spanish Rose"

Close-Up of "Spanish Rose."
I was the renegade quilter and fused my appliques rather than doing them by hand.
I wanted to eventually finish the quilt.  *grin*

So there you have it.  The short and sweet low-down of our trip.  I'll leave you with a photo of our dining room table and all my new friends, as well as a group photo.



Arrivederci for now,
Suzy





1 comment:

Quilter Kathy said...

What a wonderful adventure! I am green with envy :)