Monday, September 1, 2014

12 Days of Christmas and Trip to Bali

More progress has been made.  My 12 Days of Christmas quilt is now done.  I'm happy with how it turned out.  I've been learning a lot while quilting my own quilts.  Like letting them sit open on my cutting table for however long it takes while the quilting ideas marinate really works for me.  For this one, I ditched around the embroidered muslin blocks, quilted holly leaves and berries in the red and green 8-patch areas, wavy stitched the triple border strips and quilted a floral feather in the cornerstones.  It measures 30" x 33".  It will make a really cute wallhanging. 


My Trip to Bali quilt is also now quilted!  I love it.  I had the longarm quilter (WAY too big for me to attempt to quilt myself!) quilt a "Hawaiian flower" type pantograph in variegated thread.  The binding is on this monster, but I still need to hand stitch it to the back.  It measures 92" x 110".  Great for a bed!

Quilty goodness,
Suzy

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Two very nice quilts on display today.