Sunday, May 29, 2016

Two Community Service Quilts Are Now Done

See...I promised I would be back soon, and here I am!

I just finished the binding for these two charity quilts which will be given to my Guild when we meet for our monthly Community Service get-together on June 1, where we will work on even more charity quilts.  I did the bindings completely by machine, as I'm sure they will get quite a bit of use.  I haven't done binding by machine for quite a while, so I forgot just how much faster it is to machine stitch it rather than hand stitch.  Was kinda a fun change of pace.

You'll probably remember this fun, happy, scrappy half-log-cabin from when me and my quilting friends got together on our usual Wednesday gathering.  We worked on it on and off for several weeks.


And then I pulled all my scraps that read either pink or purple and made this one solo.  I have to be honest and say this one is killing me to give up.  It turned out so awesome.  But give it up, I shall.  If I miss it too much, I can always make another for myself, right?  It's not like I don't have more scraps...  :o)


Give 'til it hurts,
Suzy

P.S.  The blue/green/yellow boy's spiderweb charity quilt top is completely done and is being quilted as we speak, so hope to have pics of that one soon.

2 comments:

Doreen said...

And I just finished leaving my comment on your last post!!! Love the half log cabin quilt! I would find it difficult to see that pink/purple quilt leave, too (which means it will really be loved by its recipient!!!!!). Doing binding by machine is the only way to go with quilts that will be "well loved" (as I hope so many will be!!!!).

The Joyful Quilter said...

Both quilts are AWESOME!! Give til it hurts? LOVE it!!