Monday, August 18, 2008

Time Flies

Where has August gone? Seems like it just got here and now it's more than half over. Before you know it, Autumn will be here and we'll be saying "where did the Summer go?"

I've been busy with various things this month, including the highlight -- a visit this past weekend with elder daughter Heather. She and her hubby flew up from Florida on Friday for her girlfriend's wedding. We picked them up Friday morning at the Philly Airport (and got a parking ticket as a bonus, ugh). That aside we had a great day on Friday, and the household increased as the day progressed. We started by picking up younger daughter Rachel and grandson Anthony, who stayed here to await Heather's arrival (not enough room in the car for all of us. LOL!), then Heather and Jerry's arrival made 6 of us. Then I invited my Dad over . . . and my brother Dave called while dinner (Lasagna) was cooking and I invited him and his girlfriend, Paula (whom I love like a sister) for dinner as well. There was plenty. Plenty of food, plenty of fun, plenty of laughs and plenty of games. It was a truly wonderful evening spent with family. I haven't enjoyed myself like that in awhile.

Saturday found me ironing dresses and suits for daughter and son-in-law and my hubby running Heather and Jerry hither and yon for wedding-related stuff -- Heather to her girlfriend's to dress and prep. Then Jerry to another house for him to dress and prep. Then a 2am field-trip to pick them up after the festivities. :o)

Sunday arrived too quickly and we spent a nice morning together before their flight back to Florida. I miss them already. . . .

So how has your Summer been?

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend! My summer has flown too, but in a good way with lots accomplished!

Anonymous said...

Those goodbyes will get you every time. It's great to have the "next time" for them to visit again. Hugs