Well, I'm finally working on a UFO from a couple of years ago. The nine patches were from a swap that my six quilt buddies and I did one year (2005?) where we all made 7 identical nine patches each month and swapped with each other, thus giving everyone one of each. We all meet regularly once a month and decided this one year to try something fun and new and this swap was it. It was easy enough for the beginners in our group and quick for all to complete. So far only two of our group has completed and quilted their tops. Since my hubby and I will be relocating to Florida within the year, I figured I'd better get my butt in gear and get 'er done. Especially since I want everyone to sign the label. I was busy last weekend planning the top in EQ6 and then piecing all the nine patches together. Today I fused the flower blocks that will form the border and tomorrow will start tackling stitching around the raw edges with a machine buttonhole stitch using black thread. I call it "Friendship Garden." I'm hostess for our meeting in February, so I hope to have at least the top completely together by the 22nd so I can show the gals. :o)
Quiltmaker Bundle Drawing Time!
1 hour ago