Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Christmas String Tree

I was trying to decide what mischief to get up to in my sewing room today.  I've been toying with the idea of making a couple different sizes of paper-pieced string trees.  So I spent the morning drawing in EQ and thought I would make just one as a prototype to see how I liked it.

Then, realizing that I was going to be attending a Christmas party with girlfriends (quilters and non-quilters), and that I would need a gift, I decided to make the prototype into a "holiday" string tree by adding ribbon before sewing the background on, adding an upper section for a star, and then adding borders to make it a mini-quilt wallhanging (it will finish at about 11" x 15").

You could say I killed two birds with one stone.  I think the trees will be cute done in a forest of different sizes.  On my future to-do list...


Now to quilt my little wallhanging, bind it, and maybe even "decorate" the tree.  :o)

Still getting ready for the holidays,
Suzy

1 comment:

The Joyful Quilter said...

LOVE it!!! Is that red lace that you've used to trim your tree? Nice touch!!