Saturday, March 12, 2016

*Sings* On The Road Again...


My friend Mona and I will be hitting the road early Monday morning heading toward Maryville, TN, where we will meet up with two other quilting friends, one of whom owns a second home there where we will stay.  The main purpose is to take in the Pigeon Forge Quilt Show, but you can guess a good time will be had the entire week we are there. We are all bringing our machines, so there will be much sewing and socializing when not at the Show.  I've already picked out a few projects to take with me to work on during down time. 

I'll be driving; and Mona and I are going to take the scenic route up I75 and through the Blue Ridge Mountain area on Rt. 411. We are planning on making several stops along the way to a few quilt shops (like we're not going to have temptation at the quilt show, right?!?).  We're also thinking about maybe day at Dollywood during our week, if time permits.  Yes, we are a crazy, zany bunch.  And we are going to have a B-L-A-S-T!!!

Flying (or driving, as the case may be) by the seat of our pants,
Suzy

1 comment:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Drive safely and have a wonderful trip!!