Thursday, March 31, 2016

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity Jig

Actually, I've been home over a week, but just now finding time to post.  As you can guess, we had an amazing time.  I have such great friends and love spending time with them. Mary's home was lovely and she was an exceptional hostess. There's talk of making this an annual event, and hopefully next year more of us can go.  

As mentioned, the main purpose was the Pigeon Forge Quilt Show, and I have tons of pictures to share with you.  So many, in fact, that I decided it was best to upload those pictures to Photobucket and post a link so you can see all the gorgeous quilts.  Okay, not ALL of them, as I just took pictures of the ones that caught my eye, but there are plenty as you can imagine.  Here's the link...

The LeConte Center where the show was held was the most gorgeous building.  I believe it was recently built, and it was huge!  Plenty of room to roam and plenty of room to host the large Show. Parking was also plentiful and they even had a tram for those who couldn't/didn't want to walk to the entrance.  We needed the exercise so, yes, we walked. Hehehehe.


LeConte Center Entrance

Gorgeous beamed ceilings!

The rugs had quilt patterns!

A bed-turning in progress in one of the rooms...

Eating vendors, classrooms and restrooms were off this lovely large hall.

Spaciousness and vendors on the right...

Even more spaciousness and vendors on the left...
I didn't get a pic of the spaciousness of the quilt display areas.  :o(

Our view outside while eating lunch.
We had lovely 70-80 degree weather during our entire stay!

More lovely views...

While lunching...  Say "Cheese!"...  Mary, Lu, Mona (left to right)


I did plenty of shopping, so here's a pic of my stash enhancers.  I helped the economy greatly!  LOL!



Don't forget to click on the link above to see the quilts!

Enjoy!
Suzy


No comments: