Saturday, January 3, 2015

Grand Illusion Mystery Quilt Clue 6 aka The Big Reveal - Sneaky, Sneaky!

Ah, yes.  Bonnie keeps us on our toes.  She released the final clue and the BIG REVEAL at midnight on New Year's Eve.  Sneaky, sneaky! 

I love it!  I knew it would be spectacular.  There is a lot of motion going on, so I have to admit I am happy that I didn't go scrappy.  I think it would have detracted from the pattern too much.  Of course, I had to put one block together with sashing, just to see how it looks.  I'm loving it!  I'll be working on it on and off probably with other projects mixed in.  I'm not in a rush to have it done...and who knows -- as it evolves I may even change a few things.  Maybe, maybe not.  I do want to get it done sooner rather than later, as I certainly don't want or need another UFO in my closet.  Here's my block with the sashing.  If you want to see Bonnie's final quilt, click here.


Speaking of UFOs, I'm thinking I need to tackle a few more this year.  Luckily I have a 4-day retreat scheduled at the end of January at Lake Yale with a bunch of crazy quilters; a couple of them my friends and others who are just friends I haven't met yet.  :o)  I predict it will be a blast!  I'm thinking I should schlep some of my UFOs with me and see what I can accomplish, rather than starting new projects.  The great thing about this retreat is you can work on whatever you want!  Woohoo! 

Have a Happy, Quilty New Year!
Suzy

9 comments:

Andra Gayle said...

Gorgeous!

scraphappy said...

Good luck on those UFOs. Great looking mystery quilt!

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

Gorgeous colors, the sashing really does finish the block,

Ramona said...

Love your mystery quilt! Have fun at your retreat at the end of the month. And good luck with your UFO's!!

Bonnie said...

I like your no scrappy version of GI. I like going to retreats especially if I've cut kits before I go. And, for me, the easier something is the more likely I don't screw it up! Have fun!

Andee said...

Your block looks great!

Apple Avenue Quilts said...

This is the prettiest one of these quilts that I've seen yet! I think your decision to use fabrics that read as solids really works well. I've found many of them to just be to busy for my eye, but yours is beautiful!!!!!!

Margaret said...

love the block, your colors are great!

Chris said...

Love the layout of your colors. Very striking.