Monday, December 1, 2014

Grand Illusion Mystery Quilt Part 1 - Ready, Set, Sew!

Bonnie Hunter posted Clue 1 on Friday -- and the excitement around the world commenced.  LOL!  I hadn't had a chance to really sit and play until yesterday.  Spent the majority of the day cutting and sewing.  I'm happy to say I am halfway there!  50 blocks are completely done with another 50 ready to be assembled.  Using my Accuquilt made cutting all the units quick work.  That way I was able to spend more time sewing.  I should have the rest together hopefully by the end of today.  Wheeee!  :o)

As I mentioned previously, I am foregoing the scrappy route this time and making all the fabric choices constant.  I am really loving how they play together so far.


If you want to join in on the fun (if you're not already), Bonnie's instructions for this year's Mystery can be found here.

Excitedly awaiting Clue 2,
Suzy

2 comments:

scraphappy said...

Great work on step 1. What a bright and happy quilt this will be.

Karabeta said...

Your units look very cheery, well done!