Monday, December 29, 2014

Grand Illusion Mystery Quilt Clue 5 - Fast and Fun Four-Patches

The mystery is moving along quickly now.  We're at Clue 5, with Clue 6 coming on Friday.  I wouldn't be surprised if the upcoming clue was the final clue, along with the BIG REVEAL.  I'm so excited to see how all the puzzle pieces will come together.  Bonnie's mysteries never disappoint, so I'm sure it will be a stunner!

So here was this week's clue.  Fast and fun 4-patches.  Quick and easy.  I'm glad for it as I am itching to get moving on other projects.

 
Speaking of other projects, here's one that I pulled out this morning and arranged into rows before I hopped into the shower.  One of my girlfriends and I are teaching Bonnie's Scrappy Mountains Majesties in a class in March and I need to get this done.  We are both doing different versions to show the quilters a couple different variations that you can achieve by rotating the blocks.  This is mine using Civil War fabrics.  It will possibly get a border.  I'll know more once I sew the rows together and it speaks to me.  Hers is done with reds and whites with all the "logs" going in the same direction.  They are very different, but will be equally beautiful.


Oh -- and I'll have an exciting announcement in a separate post later today.  *Squee!*

Quilt on!
Suzy

3 comments:

Sue Daurio said...

Love your scrappy majestic mountains. Looks wonderful in the civil war fabrics.

TLC said...

Congratulations on your Fat Quarter Shop prize! Your scrappy majestic mountains looks fabulous in civil war repos.

Vireya said...

I think you are probably right about the next clue being the big reveal. I'm really looking forward to seeing how Bonnie puts this all together!