Sunday, January 27, 2013

Setbacks...and Playing Catch-Up

Whew...that was a long blog break.  I've been outta commission in one way or another for longer than I thought.  First was the ribs thing...and just as I was getting all healed up, bam, I messed up the tendons in my left arm and shoulder.  Man!  The pain was worse than labor pain...no lie!  At least with labor pain, you get the slight reprieve between contractions -- not so with this kinda pain!  So after dr. visits and quartizone (sp?) shots and pain meds, I was finally feeling up to snuff again and just in time for my trip up north to spend three weeks over Christmas with my sister and her family.  It was a great visit, up until a week before I left and then, bammm, a lousy cold.  I blame my brother-in-law, he started it.  Then I got home and the cold kept getting worse and worse.  Finally dragged my stubborn butt to the dr's and what do you know -- bronchitis, strep throat, sinus infection and TWO ear infections.  Jeez, can a girl get any luckier?

Anyway, I'm doing much better now, although I still have a lingering cough.  Hope that's it for me in the poor health department for the remainder of the year.  LOL!

On the sewing front, nothing got done while I was out of commission; except for one good week at my sister's when they were at work and my niece was in school.  That's when I managed to get quite a few Farmer's Wife blocks done.  I'm now in the mid-50's!!!!  Honest, I will post pictures soon on that.  :o)

My Easy Street sat stagnant at the four patches (first step), until recently.  Now I'm caught up on all the parts and am starting to put it together.  I have the four corner units done and one of the side units.  I'm getting there!  I'm loving how it's turning out and the final quilts that everyone is posting are gorgeous!

I'm also working on a mystery lap-sized quilt that I had a workshop for this past weekend.  Just have the borders to put on.  It was a fun class and we didn't know what we were getting fabric-wise as all the kits were in brown paperbags.  I'm happy I got oriental fabrics, but not sure yet if I like how they play together.  I'll have to let it marinate.  If I still don't love it, I'll donate it to our guild charity.  Here's a pic of it layed out while it was still awaiting row construction:


Well, that's it for now.  Hope you all are healthy and happy in this New Year!
Suzy

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Suzy, Gee you have had way too much sickness and I hope you get well and stay that way! I too have been off Blogger more than on during the last few months and missed out on a lot of posts and reading but I'm trying to get back on track. I haven't been busy sewing for quite a while but have some WIPs to work on and have been doing a bit of knitting and crocheting that I fit into family time when I can. Stay well! xo

Anonymous said...

Seems like so many are getting 'hit' with something.....you should be good for years!!!!! Your projects are so nice. Hope your mo-jo is up to the challenge(s). Blessings, Doreen

Gari in AL said...

Sounds like you did all your 2012-2013 sickness in one fell swoop. Having that out of the way it also sounds like you are making a good stab and getting back in the groove. I really like your quilt parts on the floor: very colorful and bright.

Becky G said...

Wow, you've had several sets of "bad luck comes in threes." Hope you get to sail through 2013 without any more bad luck.
You said you had not sewn much, but sounds like a lot to me!
I found you through Judy's link up. Btw, your Rose of Sharron designs are really lovely, well done and congratulations on being published.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Goodness - well if trouble comes in threes - you should be WAY done now!