Sunday, January 1, 2012

Revealing January's UFO for 2012

It feels so weird to type in the year 2012.  I don't know if I'm ready yet.  But ready or not, here it is!  2012!  Happy New Year everyone!

So below is the UFO project I'm choosing for January.  My scrappy pinwheel flowers.  I opened the box to find 9 blocks, the paper pinwheel pattern, and lots of yellow fabric yardage that I used for the center of each pinwheel.  This one was started a LOOOONNNNGGG time ago.  Years and years and years.  Wish I had kept a quilt blog back then, I might be able to date it.  LOL!  Anyway, it was made when I first started learning the buttonhole stitch by hand.  And I recall using scraps from my scrap bin.  It even pre-dates my EQ days, so that was a long time ago, considering I started with EQ3 and we're now into EQ7.  Yes, I looked and looked in my files for a pattern I might have drawn up for it.  Nada.




So now I  have to figure out how I want to finish this baby up.  I don't think I'll add any more pinwheel blocks -- just use the 9 I have.  I don't even know if I have the matching muslin background fabric anymore anyway.  So I'm figuring a 3x3 layout.  That's as far as I've gotten.  Hehehehe.  Although I do know I want to incorporate more of the yellow fabric into it somewhere...

Oh well, tomorrow I will wrack my brain and figure out how I plan to finish the top.

'Til then,
Suzy

1 comment:

regan said...

Suzy....those blocks look good! Your buttonhole is perfect, and I like that yellow with them. It's going to look great.....can't wait to see what you do!