Monday, May 24, 2010

The Secret Revealed . . . I WON!

Yes, I can hardly still believe it myself. One of my EQ Rose of Sharon Quilt Block designs was chosen as one of the 12 final winners. See the original posting here. When I found out several months ago (December 14 to be exact) I could hardly contain myself! Ricky Tims and Alex Anderson actually picked this block as a winner!



We were told there were over 850+ entries and 11 countries represented. Sharon and her business partner Elizabeth at Nine Patch Media narrowed it down to 50 blocks and Ricky and Alex took over judging from there. They "complained" that they were given a very difficult task of picking only 12 of the 50 they were given. LOL!

My block will now be in Sharon Pederson's Rose of Sharon Block Book, as well as the DVD of the same name and it will also be available as a CD from OESD Embroidery. I also won approximately $1,700 in prizes. I am soooo tickled!

Funny thing is that I was most proud when Sharon herself told me that she uses MY block as a teaching sample in her classes because it eclipsed a variety of nuances, such as placement, color, sizing and motion. Wow, what an honor! Oh, found the e-mail: Here are her words exactly, "...here's the block we fell in love with. It's not only going to be in the book, the DVD, and the Embroidery CD but I have chosen it to be the class sample block for the Rose of Sharon class. It has the perfect combination of shapes, sizes, colors, etc. and is 'traditional' enough but still sort of contemporary at the same time."

Doing the happy dance,
Suzy

6 comments:

Three Birds Inspired said...

Congratulations! It is a beautiful block.

Joanna said...

Wow!! What an awesome surprise! A HUGE congratulations to you - you absolutely deserve it. The block is wonderful and as an appliquer, I think it really is a nice design:)

Carolyn said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you. So, what did you win? Do you get to meet Alex and Ricky?

Virginia said...

Congratulations! What an honor to be selected. It certainly is perfect.

Melissa C said...

That is awesome, congratulations. That is a very nice block and I can see why it was chosen.

Anonymous said...

Hi Suzy,
Sharon posted your block in a new color way on her facebook page this morning. Have a look!
Elizabeth