Friday, May 9, 2008

Life's Happenings

Wow. It's been awhile since I've blogged. So sorry for the lack of updates. Life happens. LOL!

Anyway, other than working on the house (we have realtors coming the week of May 19), here's what's been happening around here:

First and foremost, Chris's PET scan came back great! Well, great is a relative term; the cancer is still there, but it hasn't grown or spread. Yippee! Many thanks to those who keep us in their thoughts and prayers.

Secondly, Florida was wonderful and the weather was picture perfect! We visited several communities and homes in Titusville, Rockledge, Viera, Melbourne and Palm Bay. It's going to be difficult to choose where we want to be once we actually sell the house (if we could move certain homes and their layouts into certain communities, we'd have it made), but it will be a fun decision overall. There's a super quilt shop in Rockledge called The Quilt Place. It was awesome in there and the people were super friendly. It's a very large shop with thousands of bolts of fabric and 4 longarm setups -- 2 for quilt jobs they take in from clients, and 2 for rent by the day for customers. I'm soooo hoping to get a job there once we relocate and settle. What a dream come true!


It was also nice to see family and so great to spend time with our daughter, Heather, and Jerry, our son-in-law. I can't believe they will be married for a year on May 12. Heather and I had a fun "girl's day out" one day where we went to lunch and then had pedicures and spent time at the pool where our in-laws live. I can't believe how time flies and that she's a grown woman thinking of having children of her own. *sigh*

Lastly, while I did finally finish up my Heart Wreath quilt top while in Florida, there hasn't been much quilting happening lately in this neck of the woods; although I'm hoping to make some time for it again soon. I'm so close to being done the applique border on my Keepsake Squares quilt top. It is looking great, if I say so myself. *giggle* Hope to have that up to share in the near future.

Hugs to all,

No comments: