Saturday, April 12, 2008

Random Thoughts and Weirdness

I've gotten my very first tag. Now those of you who have been tagged numerous times are probably not as excited about it as I am ... but try to remember back to when you were first tagged. Yes, that's what I'm feeling. Very cool! Thanks, Dawn from Sew Ritzy-Titzy. :o)

Anyway, since everything about me is weird (LOL!), I'll stick to the randomness with maybe a little weird thrown in for good measure. How's that sound?

Well, here goes -- first the rules...

1. Once you are tagged, link back to the person who tagged you.
2. Post THE RULES on your blog.
3. Post 7 weird or random facts about yourself on your blog.
4. Tag 7 people and link back to them.
5. Comment on their blog to let them know they have been tagged.


Ok, the straight-forward stuff has been taken care of -- now for the fun stuff:

1. You could say when I saw my husband it was love at first sight. I was 18 and worked in the same building as he did. When I saw him walk by my office, I actually and truly wondered what it would be like to be married to him. I've never done that with any guy I ever dated or met, let alone someone I hadn't even met yet.

2. Several months later when I came home for a weekend from business school, my best girlfriend and I decided to meet at a bar. Lo and behold, HE was also there. They were dating each other! That same night he asked me for my phone number. I thought -- what a jerk! During a powder room break, I told my girlfriend what happened and she was actually happy about it. Turns out they had already discussed that there wasn't chemistry between them and they decided to just be friends. She said to go for it; that he was a great guy. A month later we were engaged and 6 months after that we were married. My girlfriend was my Maid of Honor. The rest is history. LOL!

3. In 1995, I made my sister's wedding gown. It was the largest accomplishment so far in my lifetime and took 3 months to complete. It was made of ivory embossed brocade, organza, antique lace recut and placed in designs along the sleeves, bodice and bodice back, and had a gazillion tiny covered buttons down the back! Ugh -- the buttons! It was also completely lined. It cost her all of $200 for the fabrics and notions -- and I also made her veil and her "going away" dress from the leftover fabrics. Her tiara cost more. :o) She was thrilled with the final results (as was I) and several engaged girls at the wedding asked her where she got the gown! I was feeling pretty proud that day. Of course, my sister is my best friend, so I would do anything for her.





4. Red and yellow are my favorite colors.

5. I do not have a green thumb. I can kill cactus! LOL!

6. I taught myself to quilt about 12 years ago when I decided to make one for my cousin's baby shower. No books and no pattern. It turned out well and needless to say -- I was bitten. Since then I could now open my own library and fabric store with all the quilt books and quilting fabrics I've collected. :o)

7. I live in New Jersey and have never, ever been to New York City. I'm pretty embarrassed to admit that and would love to go, just never have gotten there. I'd especially love to take my niece to American Girl Place.

Well, that's it. I live a pretty boring life, but I wouldn't trade a thing.


Now for my tagees:

1. Carolyn - Lakeside Quilting
2. Paula - A Latte Quilts
3. Yvonne - Quilting Down the Stairs
4. Joanna - Applique Today
5. Perry - OKPeri's Place
6. Susie - Quilt Obsessions
7. Nicole - Sister's Choice Quilts

If you've been previously tagged, feel free to just link to that post in your blog.

Quilty hugs to all,

2 comments:

Dawn said...

So glad you got to share with us---I love the story about how you and your husband met. Very romantic and obviously very 'meant to be'.....

Yvonne said...

Some things ARE just meant to be. The wedding dress is lovely....I made my baby sister's too.
I don't think it's so weird that you've never been to New York City. :)