Monday, April 9, 2018

MIA and Serious Sewing Withdrawals

I realize it's been quite awhile since I've blogged, but didn't realize it's been almost 4-1/2 months worth of awhile!  Time is flying -- fun or no fun.

Fun - choosing new master bath shower reno stuff, flooring, paint, furniture.

Not Fun - The mess involved in the removal and installation of said master bath shower, flooring and dealing with lazy painters and roofers who are always late and leave early, thus not putting in a full days work and doubling the time needed to paint or roof.

Fun - Arrival of said furniture and adding decor items to make my house a home.

Not Fun (Torture Even) - Not being able to sew a stitch (FOR THE PAST 5 MONTHS!) as everything sewing-related is still packed away and I still need to decide on new furniture for the sewing room(s).  Am leaning toward actually getting a Koala sewing cabinet for my monster Baby Lock Ellisimo Gold, as well as white shelving units (open and enclosed) and a large design wall.  Plus am trying find something like a half-shelving unit that can house my multitude of Accuquilt dies and my Electric GO on top of it so I don't have to set it up when I want to use it - it will always be there ready for me.

Fun - Yes, ROOMSSSS!  I will now have two designated sewing rooms for my creative pleasure!  They are right next to each other with a jack and jill bath in between.

My house is coming along.  All the repairs are done - new roof, new floors, entire interior painted.  Now I am in the middle of putting things together.  Some rooms are more put together than others, and I am patiently (impatiently?) awaiting my new Plantation Shutters.  Oh, I can hardly wait for those!  I'm so sick of nothing, nada, zip on my windows.

I have completely changed the color-scheme in my home.  Instead of reds, oranges, golds and browns (with builder beige walls and tan carpet/tile) , I have gone to teals, yellows, whites, grays and browns (with yellow walls and waterproof luxury vinyl plank flooring throughout the whole house).

Here are some pics of where I'm at so far...










And, this!  This is my favorite purchase!  It holds ALL my quilts.  All 30+ of them!  Well, except for two oversized queen quilts that I sometimes use on cold Florida nights in the winter.  Those are in my master closet.  But there is still room in there for a few MORE!  Woohoo!



Still have my Office to finish decorating, and of course, the two sewing rooms, as well as the J&J Bath, my Dad's bath and his bedroom.

Can't wait to get back to normal,
Suzy


1 comment:

Ady said...

Beautiful! Love all your selections. Enjoy my friend :)