Monday, April 17, 2017

Let's Talk Scraps

Hi.  My name is Suzy and I'm a scrapholic. 

I guess you can look at it a few different ways:  (1) I need an intervention. (2) I'd better get my butt sewing. (3) I'm one lucky quilter.  😋




It took me two whole days to sort, sift and organize my scraps. I really had to cram some of those scraps into the bins. As it was, I had to use two bins for the blues and three bins for the neutrals. Luckily, my dog is very well trained and doesn't bother with anything I leave laying around.


Scrappiness is happiness,
Suzy

6 comments:

Teresa said...

Love your scrappiness. When people would ask me what is my favorite color, I would always say I love them all - no favorite. Well purple was my least favorite. Anyway, when I sorted my fabrics by colors, putting anything less than 1 yard in 8x13 inch tubs, I found I had 3 tubs of blue and only one of each of the other colors. Purple and Orange fit in one tub. Looks like I do have a favorite color. Purple and Orange each have their own tub now as I am trying to add more variety to my fabrics.

Quilter Kathy said...

I say you are blessed! The organized bins are full of fabulous quilts just waiting to happen!

Jackie's Stitches said...

They look so pretty sorted by color!

We have a puppy so having to be extra careful where we lay things and the floor is definitely out. I'm hoping we can get him as well behaved as your sweet pup!

Unknown said...

Just wanted you to know, I ordered your fat quarter to scrap die and received it today. Yay. I plan to start attacking my scraps tomorrow. Can't wait to use it. Thank you so much for designing it. Best part, it was on sale 15% off.

Frog Quilter said...

Your pile are bigger than mine which makes me feel good. I keep taming mine but they reproduce at night when I'm asleep lol.

What die is Becky referring to in the comment above? Thanks.

Anonymous said...

I'm opting for #3. =)