Thursday, July 28, 2016

Vacation Highlights - Cape Coral, FL

Hi all.  I know I've been MIA for a while.  Between being away on a couple vacations, getting re-situated, living life, etc., I've been neglecting my blog shamefully.  However, you will now be inundated with a multitude of postings.  Me playing catch-up.  *grin*

In early June my elder daughter, son-in-law, granddaughters and grandson rented a gorgeous 4 bedroom pool home in Cape Coral, FL on the west coast about an hour south of Tampa.  Although my younger daughter couldn't make it due to school (college) conflicts, nonetheless we had an awesome time.  

It didn't start out awesome however.  We had originally rented a home in Siesta Key, FL, but the day before we were to arrive, we received a phone call informing us that the homeowners double-booked and the other party was already in the home.  Long story short -- it all worked out in the end.  Not only did we skirt the tropical storm in the area, we found an even nicer home to rent in its place in Cape Coral.  Air B&B picked up the price difference and the homeowners of the original booking is giving us all a free week at their beautiful home whenever we choose in the future.  Best thing out of the deal is we can now pick a time when even my younger daughter can make it.  Win, win.

I didn't take many pictures as I was enjoying myself too much.  In fact, although the entire home was drop dead gorgeous, I only have pictures of the pool area as that is mainly where we were while there.  LOL!  It was like a tropical oasis and we had a blast!

I'll leave you with some pics...

My dog, Tasha, enjoying the day.

My son-in-law, the Master Griller!

One of my granddaughters, and their little puppy, Murphy.

Our gorgeous poolside oasis also came with a hot tub!

We had a momma dove and her babies in our family room window.  A sign from God that my hubby and Heather's Dad was with us on our trip.

Checking out the local marina. 

There were some seriously expensive boats there!

Storefronts by the local marina.

The doggies got along famously!  They look so much alike you'd think they were truly related.

While Heather and Richard went off on their own for a bit, I took the kids to a local pizza joint.  Never saw a claw game like this before!  LMAO!

Family time rocks!
Suzy

No comments: