Saturday, February 13, 2016

Kylie's Kites

This quilt is called Kylie's Kites.  Eleanor Burns visited our Quilt Guild in March 2013.  She gave a Lecture, had a Quilt Challenge Competition and gave two classes.  Kylie's Kites was one of the classes she gave.  It was a lot of fun and very exciting to meet the quilt maven in person.  She is as personable and crazy as she appears.  What a hoot.  LOL!



I finished this quilt top during class and gave it to my quilt friend to quilt for me.  She did an over-the-top job on the quilting which is really what makes this quilt sing.  (The ribbon around the borders is all threadplay done by my friend!)  For some reason, I never blogged about it.  It was so long ago, that I can't remember how or even why it was overlooked...

Anywho, I'm putting it in our Guild's show in early March so that my friend's quilting can be appreciated for the art that it is.  The last of the three quilts I will be entering.

Booyah,
Suzy

3 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Your quilt was cute to begin with, but WOW!!! Your friend's quilting and thread play really took your quilt to the stratosphere!

scraphappy said...

Beautiful quilt. Love the border!

JJ said...

Love the quilt. I hadn't heard Eleanor Burns but plan to check her out further. Did you use her ruler? Don't lose that friend. You're perfect together! She only adds more talent to an already talented quilter.