Saturday, February 28, 2015

New Dolls!

I haven't been doing much sewing or quilting lately, hence it's been quiet around here so nothing much to blog about.

I did, however, make a trip to Orlando last Saturday and besides a new Gold iPhone 6 Plus, HAD to stop in the new American Girl Place store at the Florida Mall.  Of course, I didn't leave empty-handed.  I bought the new Grace Girl of the Year doll and a green-eyed, redhead, aka Girl of Today #61.  I also had both their ears pierced, which is a first for me.  My previous AG dolls don't have their ears pierced.  I don't even think it was an option when I purchased them at the time.

So yesterday, I made a new dress and Grace is here to model it for you...


I also made matching earrings.  My first time making earrings; so there was a lot of trial and error going on because the holes for the AG dolls are quite large.  I watched some YouTube videos and it seems the trick is to use the stud earrings that you can get at AG and make the earrings to hang off those studs.  I had to practice a bit to get my wires to curl uniformly to fit around the studs, but I think they look pretty good now.  I just used the plain AG silver ball studs with these dangly earrings.

I just love the facial features on Grace.  Her pouty lips and those freckles are to die for.  I also like that she has bright blue eyes with dark hair. 

I'm sure I'll be making more outfits, so likely the next one will be modeled by the redhead.  I don't have a name for her yet, but I'll be thinking on it.

'Til later,
Suzy

No comments: