Thursday, June 24, 2010

Kids Quilt Camp 2010

Guess where I was last week? No, not the fabric store, silly. I was volunteering at Kids Quilt Camp. I even managed to coherce Kathy (the "eh, I'm not really that into quilting") into coming and we both had a blast. The kids were so great and sucked up the knowledge like the sponges they are. Most amazing was that I would say 70% of the kids had their quilts completely done by Wednesday. Guess what they did the rest of the week? Worked on piecing quilt tops for charity quilts! How awesome are they! I'm so proud to be part of this group.

Friday was Show 'n' Tell with their families in attendance where they showed off their completed quilts and even got to show the 3 (yes three!) finished charity quilt tops they completed by working in groups. Great fun was had by all.

This year I had a cutie pie named Catherine. She was such a ray of sunshine and so outgoing. The clown of the group, she had us all laughing at her antics. These kids are all so much fun to be around.

I'll leave you with some pictures from Camp so you can see for yourself how much everyone (volunteers and kids) enjoyed themselves.





Each one teach one,
Suzy

No comments: