Sunday, June 21, 2009

Say "Hi!" to Tasha

First of all -- Happy Father's Day to all you Dad's out there! You rock!



Next up -- Lexie has a new sister. Meet Tasha. She is also a Yorkie-Bichon mix. (Sorry for the blurry picture, we still need to get a new camera.) Anyway, she is soooo cute and soooo little. Last night was a sleepless night for me. Ah, don't you love babies of all kinds (human, puppy, etc.). Count on being up for potty breaks and the like. Overall though, she was really pretty good for her first night. I'm gonna have my hands full training this one, too. I remember the sleepless nights with Lexie making sure she didn't have any accidents in her crate. Although she caught on within about 3 weeks or so, it couldn't happen soon enough. I train them for indoor potty on a potty pad and protection tray. Lexie started out with just the indoor training and now she does both indoor and then outdoor when weather permits (which is usually the case). But if it's raining buckets or we're not home to take her out, she goes on her potty pad. Now to just get Tasha to the indoor point. I'll worry about the outdoor one when she's got the indoor one down pat. LOL! Lexie's not sure what to make of it all, but they do play "tag" together, so it will probably take Lexie a week to get used to the idea that Tasha's here to stay. :o)

I've been pretty busy lately. Even before the puppy adventure. I just finished up a week at Kids Quilt Camp where I was a volunteer Quilting Angel. My student was a cute little 9-year old girl named Nikitha. We became pretty close during the week and exchanged e-mails (at her mother's suggestion, of course). Her mom was so sweet as well. She raised Nikitha well -- she was so polite and well-mannered in addition to the usual kid humor. She was very outgoing and I can see a career in politics for her, even though she wants to be a doctor. What a charmer! LOL! "Thank you so much for teaching me to quilt, Mrs. Prickett. Your the best teacher ever, Mrs. Prickett. I really like you Mrs. Prickett," etc. What a doll. She (and her mom, I'm sure) even surprised me with a gift on Friday after they had their "show and tell." A beautiful scarf and chocolates. I was very touched.

I've also been officially "inducted" into our 300-member quilt guild -- the Seaside Piecemaker's Quilt Guild. So I'm becoming very active in that, too. We have a show in March, so lots of preparation in the works for that.

I'm sure there's more I'm leaving out; but it's already a pretty long entry.

Enjoy your day!
Suzy

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Love the shirt behind the puppy in the picture! The puppy is pretty cute too! :o) Nice to see you're so busy, you certainly have fit into your new life quickly!

Teresa said...

The puppy is absolutely adorable.