Anyway, here is the huge pile of red and green scraps that I pulled.
I don't understand it, but my bins are still as overflowing as they were before my scrounging. Go figure...
Then the ideas started flowing and I took a stack of my newsprint paper and cut them into 3-1/2" x 8-1/2" strips and just started sewing and sewing and sewing. I didn't care if the fabric strips were straight or a little wonky. Just went for it.
I removed the paper before I trimmed them, since I basically used the paper to make sure they would at least be 3-1/2" x 8-1/2" once I trimmed them to size.
Not sure what they will wind up being after it's all said and done, but it sure was a fun day. I think the quilt I make out of these will be quite large because I don't see me stopping any time soon. LOL.
And probably when it's all said and done, the scrap pile will still look like I never touched it...