God took the strength of a mountain,
Happy Father's Day to all the Dad's out there! :o)
Well, lookee what we have here...a finished top! Yay!
Oh, ugh...now I have another UFO to be quilted. Oh well, so what. What's another top? LOL! It was fast and fun to make. Almost like instant gratification. Once quilted and bound, it should measure approximately 44 x 20.
Yesterday my Designer 1 went on the fritz while I was working on the applique border of my Keepsake Squares top. The thread was causing a rat's nest under my work from the bobbin area. I tried everything to rectify it -- change needles, rethread, clean bobbin area, etc. Rats! Still rats -- rats nest that is. So it's in the shop and I had to put that top aside for now. It was due for a tune-up anyway. Who knows -- maybe that's the culprit.
So what's a girl to do when she is itchin' to stitch? Why pull out her Bernina 440 that she's only used once to quilt her grandson's sailboats top, of course. *grin* After reacquainting myself with my Bernina's bells and whistles, I took off on my tablerunner adventure. Thus "Flowerburst" was born. :o) Now don't look too closely at my blanket stitch. I surely like my Designer 1 much more for that stitch. But it's presentable and I can live with that. :o)
I'm also willing to share, too. Anyone out there who has EQ6 and wants my project file for "Flowerburst," just e-mail me and I'll be happy to e-mail the project file to you so you can create one of your very own. All I ask is that you please don't redistribute it without my permission. :o)
Here is the PDF for the Quilt of Valor I recently designed -- click on the link below the photo . It's not a formal pattern, but the p...